BUS307 Week 3 Journal
Reflections on Logistics Management Process
[WLO: 1] [CLOs: 2, 5]
Read and reflect on Chapter 8: Logistics, Sections 8.1 and 8.2. In Chapter 8 you were introduced to logistics.
In a two-page journal address the following prompts:
- Define logistics and explain why logistics management is important.
- How does logistics management apply to your organization?
- Logistics incorporates a wide range of business activities: Name four of those activities and explain how your organization manages logistics.
- What could happen if a firm did not logically link its logistics decisions to the needs of its customers?
- Can logistics be a core competency for a company? Can you think of an example of logistics being used as a core competency?