3 Page APA Paper About Family Influences and Civic Engagement
HS440-2: Describe international standard diagnosis classification use in the US health care reimbursement and billing system.
Utilizing your textbook and the Library:
- Describe the importance of proper coding in healthcare to ensure prompt reimbursement by answering the following questions:
- Describe the role of finance in the healthcare system.
- Describe the Diagnosis codes and how they are used, impacting reimbursement.
- Describe the features of third-party payers
- Explain the reimbursement methods used and the effects of coding on reimbursement
- Responses to the questions should be written in a clear, detailed manner and observe the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.).
- Follow APA formatting for the title and reference page, as well as APA formatting within the paper itself (Times New Roman 12-point font and properly double spaced).
- The minimum page limit is 2 pages or 600 words.
- The maximum page limit is 4 pages or 1200 words.
- Information should be summarized in your own words with appropriate APA formatting and citation style of in-text citations in the body of the text to acknowledge the source(s) of information.
- Include at least one reference. The course textbook may count towards the reference requirement for this Assignment. All references will follow APA format.
- Follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, etc.).
- Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
- For additional support, utilize the Writing Center and review the document entitled, “Writing Center Resources,” found in Course Documents.
Proper Coding and Prompt Reimbursement
In the healthcare setting, proper coding is imperative in ensuring prompt and accurate reimbursements. The coding involves converting diagnostic procedures, treatment therapies, and other clinical procedures into numeric codes. The codes are crucial for third-party payers to pay for the medical services on behalf of the patients. To determine the amount to be reimbursed, medical practices must assign each of their services and products a specific price, which is in accordance with the regulatory bodies. Therefore, health practices must incorporate financial management in their operations for costing purposes.