- Read the Ford case (at the end of Chapter 10) and some of the additional sources listed below. Please feel free to also search for and read other sources.
- Automotive Shift to Aluminum Slower Than Expected, Novelis Warns,” Automotive News, 9 November 2015, https://www.autonews.com/article/20151109/OEM10/151109819/auto-industry-shift-to-aluminum-slower-than-expected-novelis-warns.
- M. Colias, “Ford to Cut 7,000 Jobs in Bid to Catch Up with Rivals,” Wall Street Journal, 20 May 2019, https://www.wsj.com/articles/ford-restructuring-plan-to-eliminate-7-000-jobs-11558358511.
- Davies, “Bill Ford’s Vision for a World Beyond Cars,” Wired, 4 November 2015, http://www.wired.com/2015/11/bill-ford-interview-vision-for-world-without-cars/.
- Ford, “2015 Ford F-150 Commercial ‘Forward March,’” 30 December 2014, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0Ab2VT-g6s.“Ford Stepping Up Its Game in China,” Seeking Alpha, 14 October 2015. http://seekingalpha.com/article/3573096-ford-stepping-up-its-game-in-china
- Make a “Structure” post
- Select one of the “Structure” items (a – d) that has not yet been selected. To see which items have been selected, please read the discussion posts.
- Address the item in a discussion post.
- Use the following title for your post – Structure – (letter you have selected)
- Does Ford use a functional structure? Explain.
- Does Ford use a product divisional structure? Explain.
- Does Ford use a geographic division structure? Explain.
- Does Ford use a matrix structure? Explain.