- Read the Jack in the Box case (at the end of Chapter 12) and some of the additional sources listed below. Please feel free to also search for and read other sources.
- “Jack in the Box’s Worst Nightmare,” New York Times, 6 February 1993, http://www.nytimes.com/1993/02/06/business/company-news-jack-in-the-box-s-worst-nightmare.html.
- J. Kell, “How Jack in the Box Could Benefit from Chipotle’s E. coli Outbreak,” Fortune, 2 November 2015, http://fortune.com/2015/11/02/chipotle-e-coli/.
- M. Luna, “Jack in the Box Completes $315M Sale of Qdoba,” Nation’s Restaurant News, 21 May 2018, https://www.nrn.com/mergers-acquisitions/jack-box-completes-305m-sale-qdoba.
- R. A. Munarriz, “3 Reasons Why Jack in the Box Is Beating McDonald’s,” Daily Finance, 14 August 2014, http://www.dailyfinance.com/2014/08/14/why-jack-box-beating-mcdonalds/.
- M. Rajamani, “Jack in the Box Restaurant Chain Hit with OT Class Action,” Law360, 4 November 2015, http://www.law360.com/articles/722989/jack-in-the-box-restaurant-chain-hit-with-ot-class-action
- Make a “Crisis” post
- Select one of the “Crisis” items (a – f) that has not yet been selected. To see which items have been selected, please read the discussion posts.
- Address the item in a discussion post.
- Use the following title for your post – Crisis – (letter you have selected)
- For what type of crisis do you think Jack in the Box should plan? Why?
- For what type of crisis do you think Jack in the Box should not plan? Why?
- What can Jack in the Box do to mitigate the negative effect of a crisis? How would this help?