- Read the Aldi case (at the end of Chapter 7) and some of the additional sources listed below. Please feel free to also search for and read other sources.
- J. Adamy, “To Find Growth, No-Frills Grocer Goes Where Other Chains Won’t,” Wall Street Journal, 30 August 2005, pp. A1, A8.
- Aldi, “Aldi History,” https://corporate.aldi.us/en/aldi-history/.
- S. Nassauer and H. Haddon, “German Grocer Enters Wal-Mart’s Turf,” Wall Street Journal, 17 May 2017, pp. B1, B2.
- J. Tyler, “Here’s How Aldi’s Explosive Growth Transformed It from a Corner Score in Germany to One of the Biggest Supermarket Chains in the World,” Business Insider, 12 August 2018, https://www.businessinsider.com/aldi-store-growth-history-2018-8
- Make a “Generic Strategy” post
- Select one of the “Generic Strategy” items (a – e) that has not yet been selected. To see which items have been selected, please read the discussion posts.
- Address the item in a discussion post.
- Use the following title for your post – Generic Strategy – (letter you have selected)
- Does Aldi use a cost leadership strategy? Explain.
- Does Aldi use a focus-low-cost strategy? Explain.
- Does Aldi use a differentiation strategy? Explain.
- Does Aldi use a focus-differentiation strategy? Explain.
- Does Aldi use a focus-low-cost-differentiation strategy? Explain.