- Read the FedEx case (at the end of Chapter 8) and some of the additional sources listed below. Please feel free to also search for and read other sources.
- ABC News, “Inside FedEx’s ‘Superhub’ During Christmas Rush,” 10 December 2012, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSZdKK14zgg.
- CNBC, “How UPS, FedEx Move 25 Million Packages a Day,” 20 January 2012, http://www.cnbc.com/id/46071532.
- E. Kim, “The Latest Data Shows Where Amazon Might Be Headed,” Business Insider, 19 October 2015, http://www.businessinsider.com/amazon-logistics-facilities-update-2015-10.
- Liptak, “FedEx Is Ending Its Ground Shipping Contract with Amazon,” The Verge, 7 August 2019, https://www.theverge.com/2019/8/7/20758346/fedex-amazon-ground-shipping-ending-contract“
- “D. Moore, “UPS and FedEx Try Every Tech Trick to Speed Up Deliveries,” Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, 8 November 2015, http://www.post-gazette.com/business/tech-news/2015/11/08/UPS-and-FedEx-try-every-tech-trick-to-speed-up-deliveries/stories/201511080014.
- P. Ziobro, “Fred Smith Created FedEx. Now He Has to Reinvent It,” Wall Street Journal, 17 October 2019, https://www.wsj.com/articles/fred-smith-created-fedex-now-he-has-to-reinvent-it-11571324050
Make a “Marketing” post
- Select one of the “Marketing” items (a – d) that has not yet been selected. To see which items have been selected, please read the discussion posts.
- Address the item in a discussion post.
- Use the following title for your post – Marketing – (letter you have selected)
- Describe FedEx’s pricing strategy. Use examples.
- Describe FedEx’s promotion strategy. Use examples.
- Describe FedEx’s product/service strategy. Use examples.
- Describe FedEx’s price (distribution) strategy. Use examples.