- Read the Nike case (at the end of Chapter 9) and some of the additional sources listed below. Please feel free to also search for and read other sources.
- J. Gallagher, “Designer Sneakers: Why Men Are Ditching Dress Shoes for Them,” Wall Street Journal, 11 November 2015, http://www.wsj.com/articles/designer-sneakers-why-men-are-ditching-dress-shoes-for-them-1447271401.
- S. Germano, “Nike’s Challenge: Staying Ahead of the Pack,” Wall Street Journal, 20 September 2015, http://www.wsj.com/articles/nikes-challenge-staying-ahead-of-the- pack-1442655181.
- Lashinsky, “Fortune’s Businessperson of the Year: Nike CEO Mark Parker,” Fortune, 12 November 2015, http://fortune.com/2015/11/12/nike-ceo-mark-parker/.
- H. Malcolm, “How Nike Plans to Turn Women’s Fitness into an $11 Billion Empire,” USA Today, 9 November 2015, http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2015/11/08/nikes-11-billion-dollar-plan-to-create-a-womens-fitness-empire/74740318/.
- G. MacFarlane, “How Nike Makes Money,” Investopedia, 24 September 2019, https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/080415/how-nike-nke-makes-its-money.asp
- Make a “SWOT” post
- Select one of the “SWOT” items (a – d) that has not yet been selected. To see which items have been selected, please read the discussion posts.
- Address the item in a discussion post.
- Use the following title for your post – SWOT – (letter you have selected)
- List Nike’s strengths. Describe why these are strengths.
- List Nike’s weaknesses. Describe why these are weaknesses.
- List Nike’s opportunities. Describe why these are opportunities.
- List Nike’s threats. Describe why these are threats.