NR439 Wk 1 Discussion Answers Introduction to Evidence-based Practice (graded)
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 3: Identify ethical issues common to research involving human subjects. (PO 6)
- CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)
- During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructors.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
We begin our journey into discovering the new world of research and evidence-based practice (EBP) by exploring our past. After completing the required readings and lesson, answer the following:
- Explain how research has evolved since the Florence Nightingale era.
- Discuss how research and EBP are different; include how you believe research supports EBP for nursing.
- Describe one past/historical unethical breach of research conduct; then, share how you would ensure care of a study participant using one ethical or legal research consideration (guideline/principle).
NR439 Wk 1 Discussion Answers. Get NR439 Week 2 Here