NR439 Wk 5 Discussion Answers Samples and Data Collection (graded)
This week’s graded topics relate to the following Course Outcomes (COs).
- CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs 4 & 8)
- CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs 4 & 8)
- CO 5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs 7 & 8)
- During the assigned week (Sunday the start of the assigned week through Sunday the end of the assigned week):
- Posts in the discussion at least two times, and
- Posts in the discussion on two different days
- Discussions are designed to promote dialogue between faculty and students, and students and their peers. In discussions students:
- Demonstrate understanding of concepts for the week
- Integrate outside scholarly sources when required
- Engage in meaningful dialogue with classmates and/or instructor
- Express opinions clearly and logically, in a professional manner
- Use the rubric on this page as you compose your answers.
- Best Practices include:
- Participation early in the week is encouraged to stimulate meaningful discussion among classmates and instructors.
- Enter the discussion often during the week to read and learn from posts.
- Select different classmates for your reply each week.
Access the following information. You may read the PDF online or download it.
U. S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2019). Brief summary of results from the 2018 national sample survey of registered nurses. https://bhw.hrsa.gov/sites/default/files/bureau-health-workforce/data-research/nssrn-summary-report.pdf (Links to an external site.)
- Review the data and describe some of the key attributes/characteristics of this sample of the nursing workforce.
- Discuss some of the data that you found interesting and include what you believe the purpose (intent) of sharing these results.
- The instruments and tools that we use to collect data need to be reliable and valid. Define these terms and explain the importance of each. Share one way that can be used to collect data that you were not aware of or familiar with.
NR439 Wk 5 Discussion Answers. Access NR439 Wk 4 Discussion here