NURS 705 Discussion Answers
Please respond to every question with rationale and references. Once you have responded, you must give a minimum of two replies/comments/critique to all of the other students’ answers. You will not be able to respond to the other students’ answers until you have given your answer to the question.
You may use Ormrod or articles in the files for referencing or a favorite article you have in your library. List your references (APA) at the end of your answer for each of the questions. You have until April 7th to finish this assignment
- Gibbs, Schon, Kolb & Johns are different models of reflection. Based on one of these models design a simulation experience and 3 questions that will guide the debriefing that follows. What are the possible intervening variables that may occur with your simulation and what will you do to decrease their interference of learning.
- Perkins and Solomon are known for their Transfer of Learning Theory. You are teaching in a senior med surg class. Take one of the following concepts: PPE, sterile technique or physical assessment that students learned as juniors, and discuss how you would help senior students transfer one of those concepts to providing care to victims who have just experienced a train derailing and carrying hazardous materials.
- Give an example with rationale of why students do not always use effective learning strategies and how can self-regulated learning be supported to help in this situation.
- You are teaching senior nursing students who are doing clinical in the respiratory intensive care unit about Covid 19. Taking a concept applicable to a ventilated patient affected by the virus and using Socratic Method, list 3 questions that would take the scenario from simple to complex.
- There are cognitive factors that underlie a student’s motivation. Identify a situation that requires you to motivate a student and ways that you would attempt to enhance the student’s learning.
- Describe a domain-specific heuristic and how would you work forward and backward with this heuristic. NURS 705 Discussion Answers