NURS 705 Learning Problem Paper
- Choose a learning problem either in the academic or practice setting
- Thoroughly review the literature and research related to the problem. Pay particular attention to the strategies already in use related to the problem.
- Choose an appropriate theory and consistently use the theory and vocabulary of the theory to describe the problem, intervention and evaluation (if possible).
- Present intervention strategies that are consistent with the selected theory. For example, a Behaviorist would include reinforcement as a central factor, while Bandura would speak to the influence of models in the learner’s environment and a developmental theorist (Perry) would address novice thinking. Some theories might include the learner’s past experiences; others talk about attitude or motivation, others might address competition, content complexity, high stakes learning etc.
- Describe, with rationale, potential intervening variables that can be directly attributed to the intervention that might inhibit the desired outcome. For example, characteristics in the learning environment, such as influence of peers or the teacher may affect the outcome of the intervention.
- Describe how you will measure change that can be attributed to learning. How will you evaluate whether learning has occurred? The evaluation methods should make sense in the context of the theory you have selected. Discuss why learning may fail to occur and how some types of students may not benefit from a particular approach. Evaluation should consider how to measure changes due to learning, as well as factors in the learning environment believed to contribute to the success or failure of the approach.
- Please submit your paper online through the course on Canvas and bring a hard copy to turn in during class on March 11th .
DO NOT LOSE SIGHT OF THE THEORY BY THE END OF THE PAPER! NURS 705 Learning Problem Paper Assignment