Wk 5 Discussion – Mineral Function [due Thurs, January 7]
This week, we will review the types of minerals that we require in our daily diets and why they are important for our bodies to function.
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words, addressing at least 3 of the following:
- Which foods high in iron do you consume regularly?
- What happens if iron levels in the body are too low or high?
- Other than iron, choose one of the major minerals from your reading. What does deficiency look like? What does toxicity look like?
- Choose one of the trace minerals from your reading. What does deficiency look like? What does toxicity look like?
- What nutrition advice would you give to someone who wants to reduce their risk for osteoporosis?
- Consider citing or including references to relevant, current news sources that interest you and support your post and responses.