HS450 Unit 3 Assignment
Managing and Leading Change in a Health Organization
- HS450-2: Demonstrate how effective team building optimizes the implementation of strategic planning.
- Differentiate among the different types of teams and task groups and their uses in health care organizations.
- Understand the factors associated with high-performing
- Define the communication process and what constitutes effective
You are the administrator of a clinic with 50 employees. You have been tasked with facilitating discussion with other health professionals in your clinic to select a new EHR system, which will be implemented across the organization. Please complete the assignment as indicated in the instructions below.
Construct a plan to build 1-2 effective teams to collaborate in selecting a new EHR system for the clinic. Identify the professional roles that should be represented on your team(s). You should be prepared for possible disagreements regarding priorities and processes, so your plan must include at least three (3) team/consensus-building methods.
Evaluate the concepts of change management theories, techniques, and leadership by assessing typical challenges seen with implementing a new EHR system across an organization. Your evaluation should demonstrate that you have considered how a transition to EHR would result in the need to plan for change management interventions. Provide two (2) examples of challenges arising from EHR adoption and detail the change management theories that you would enact to overcome resistance to change.
Part 3 Instructions
Demonstrate implementation of a departmental strategic plan by detailing at least two (2) areas of risk exposure mitigation, organizational or process re-design, training, or communication strategy, as they relate to EHR implementation.
Part 4 Instructions
Demonstrate understanding of the purpose of the procurement process. What are the purposes of the Request for Proposal (RFP), the Request for Information (RFI) and the Request for Quotation (RFQ)? Provide detail for when and how to use each to help an HCO more fully identify its needs and the issues involved with planning for significant projects or purchases.
- Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word
- The body of your document should be at least 1200 words in
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is
- Students must cite and reference at least 4 credible sources from the KU
- Please be sure to visit the Kaplan Writing Center to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written
Submit your work to the appropriate Dropbox.