HS450 Unit 9 Assignment Answer
HS450 Unit 9 Assignment Answer
Strategic Training of Healthcare Workforce on Policies, Procedures, and Regulation
- HS450-6: Construct organizational training strategies that resolve emerging issues in a healthcare
- GEL-1.02: Demonstrate college-level communication through the composition of original materials in Standard American
- Differentiate between the concepts of strategy and strategic
- Apply analyses of internal and external environments to strategic
- Describe a business model and its component
- Understand the purposes of strategic
- Describe the relationships among alliance motivation, structure, and
You are a healthcare executive of a large hospital, serving as director of health information. You have been advised that there are serious concerns regarding the competence of the facility’s billing and coding staff. To address these concerns, you will develop an action plan. Please complete your action plan as indicated below in Parts 1- 3.
Part 1 Instructions
Evaluate at least three (3) types of abuse or fraud that may occur during the course of medical coding and billing activities. Determine at least three (3) organizational policies and procedures that monitor such activities and critique the effectiveness of each policy/procedure.
Based upon the trends of abuse or fraud that you identified in Part 1, develop both a new employee orientation program and an ongoing training program for medical billing and coding employees. Design outlines of each training program and constructs the learning activities involved. You should also indicate a leadership approach that you would use in the implementation of the programs.
Part 3 Instructions
Develop a plan to evaluate the training programs at “time of launch” and again at periodic times over the next two (2) years. Describe the methods used to evaluate the effectiveness of each training program.
Part 4 Background
An information asset is a body of information that is defined and managed as a standalone, single unit that can be shared and exploited to the organization’s benefit. It is referred to as an asset because it has financial value to the organization. Enterprise-wide information assets that are common to large health care organizations include billing systems, EHR/EMR, master patient index, clinical automation systems, patient
portals, personal health records, telemedicine, health information exchange (HIE), clinical applications (lab, pharmacy), etc.
The enterprise data warehouse (EDW) is a repository of high-value data from different information assets and corporate systems/applications. The data contained in an EDW can be integrated for many strategic uses across the enterprise. Strategic objectives might include activities and initiatives designed to improve quality, safety, cost, productivity, etc.
To complete Part 4, conduct research into the topic of data warehousing in health care organizations and then answer the following:
- List the benefits of an EDW to a health care
- Prepare a strategic objective and explain how it could be facilitated through use of a data
- Select two (2) information assets from the list above. Through a data warehouse, analyze and demonstrate how data from those two assets could be used to accomplish the identified strategic
Assignment Requirements HS450 Unit 9 Assignment Answer
- Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word®
- The body of your document should be at least 1000 words in length. A title page and a reference page should also be included but do not apply to the length
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is
- You must cite and reference at least four credible sources from the university
- Formatting should be double-spaced, 12 point, Times New Roman
- Be sure to follow the conventions and mechanics of Standard American English (correct grammar, sentence structure, punctuation, ).
- The submission should be presented in an organized, logical, and unified manner and consist of superior content that is original and insightful.
- You must meet APA style requirements throughout the submission, including title page, formatting, citations in the body of the text, as well as related
- Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success